Sunday, January 26, 2014

beautiful watercolor cards

Today's card features one of my newest favorite stamp sets called "Happy Watercolor." I found this card originally designed by Brenda Keenan (www.keenankreations.com) Brenda filmed a wonderful video with very clear instructions. The only thing I added was a layer of Basic Black cardstock (3-3/4" x 5") underneath the Whisper White layer (3-1/2" x 4-3/4"). The sentiment used comes from the stamp set "Wetlands." I very quickly made six of these cards in Crisp Cantaloupe, Pistachio Pudding, and Coastal Cabana. Love those In-Colors! This design would be very easy to use for almost any occasion (birthday, get well, sympathy, etc.) It will definitely be one of my "go to" designs from now on.  Brenda added special touches with the addition of the tiny pearls on each flower, and the sparkly butterfly punched out of SU's silver glimmer paper.  Staz-On black ink was used for the flower and sentiment.

No comments:

Post a Comment