Wednesday, January 22, 2014

easy washi tape card

I'm a hoarder when it comes to designer paper, ribbon, flowers, buttons, and now washi tape. You know what I'm talking about! I have containers full of this stuff, and I will sit and admire the pretty colors. It's kind of like when I was a kid and got a brand new box of crayons. They were so beautiful, just lined up in their box. I hated to ruin the line up by using them. But this year I am actually going to use my stash. Seriously. I found today's card design on YouTube posted by Christina Thomas. I loved how she made use of SU's new Retro Fresh washi tape, and how she only embossed the lower portion of the card front on an angle using SU's new Arrows Textured Impressions embossing folder. My favorite part (after the washi tape) was the addition of the gold baker's twine from SU. Ok...so I hoard baker's twine too. Confession is good for the soul, isn't it?? The base of the card is your standard 4-1/4" x 11", scored at 5-1/2" in Very Vanilla. The top layer of Very Vanilla measures 4" x 5-1/4", and the Tangerine Tango layer measures 4-1/8" x 5-3/8". Christina had used a layer of So Saffron rather than the Tangerine Tango, and it looked great as well. My sentiment came from a hostess set called "Express Yourself." Love that font!

No comments:

Post a Comment