Friday, January 24, 2014

Since it's freezing outside, it's a good day to stay inside and stamp something. Today's card is a simple layout and pretty quick to throw together. The card base was embossed with the Arrows Textured Impressions embossing folder and I rounded the corners. The chocolate chip layer measures 4" x 3-1/2", and I added a strip of designer paper at the bottom which measures 1-1/4" x 3-1/2". At this point I tied the Raspberry Ripple ribbon and secured in the back. I love this cake image from the stamp set called "Embellished Events." I used markers to color the cake (Chocolate Chip, Raspberry Ripple, Crushed Curry) and added some Crystal Effects, stamped on a scrap of Whisper White. I hand trimmed the image and popped it up with some dimensionals after stamping the cake stand and candles (colored with markers) on the piece of Whisper White cardstock. The Whisper White layer measures 2" x 3", adhered to a layer of Crumb Cake which measures 2-1/4" x 3-1/4". This layer was also added with dimensionals. The "woo hoo" comes from a new stamp set called "Just Sayin'" in our newest mini catalog. I repeated the same measurements for the inside of the card, and added a strip of Raspberry Ripple cardstock to mimic the ribbon on the front. The sentiment inside comes from the "Perfect Pennants" stamp set, and I cut out the letter "a" with our 1/2" circle punch.

No comments:

Post a Comment