Saturday, February 22, 2014

On-Film Framelit "Thank You" card

This card was really simple to put together, but the finished product looks like it took a lot more effort than it really did.  I love cards like that!
I simply started with a card base of Strawberry Slush, 8-1/2" x 5-1/2" and scored at 4-1/4".
The Basic Black cardstock layer measures 3-3/4" x 4-3/4".  I used a scrap of Basic Black cardstock to cut out the film frame from the On-Film Framelits in the current mini catalog.    The Whisper White layer of cardstock measures 3-1/2" x 4-1/2".  I laid the film frame on the white layer to figure out the placement, then I stamped the "thanks" from the "Hip Notes" stamp set in the mini catalog using Bermuda Bay ink.  Then I attached the film frame using thin pieces of dimensionals.  The strips of DSP measure 3/4" and 1/4" from the Kaleidoscope DSP in the mini.  Taking a scrap of Whisper White, I stamped the flower image from "Petite Petals" (mini catalog) using Strawberry Slush ink, and cut them out with the coordinating punch.  They were attached with dimensionals, and I added a black dot in each center.  The black and white layers are then glued to the card front.  I made the inside to be a mirror image with the black, white, and DSP layers and just omitted the sentiment and film frame.  This allows room for you to write your message and signature.  Who wouldn't love getting this in their mailbox?   At least it would be better than getting a bill! 
Stamp something fun today! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment