Saturday, February 8, 2014

"See Ya Later" birthday card

Today's card layout was inspired by Linda Heller's site www.stampingschool.com  I have been a member of Stamping School since 2007 and I would highly recommend anyone to join.  Linda adds at least 2 new videos each week, and provides a detailed recipe sheet with each project that you can download/print. 

I made my version into a birthday card using the SAB set "See Ya Later"  stamped in Smokey Slate ink on Whisper White cardstock  The image was cut out with SU's 2-1/2" circle punch. The circle was then glued onto a starburst cut out of Smokey Slate cardstock using the new "Starburst Framelit" dies in the mini-catalog.

 A strip of the SAB designer paper "Sweet Sorbet" was used (1-1/2" x 5-1/2") adhered to a strip of Smokey Slate cardstock (1-3/4" x 5-1/2").   Before attaching this strip, the card base of Crisp Cantaloupe was embossed with the SAB  "Decorative Dots" embossing folder.  I added 1/2 of one of  our 4" doilies to the back of the strip, and also attached a piece of our white organza ribbon, then glued to the card front using Tombo multi-purpose glue.  That glue seems to work best for me on embossed projects.  I attached the starburst circle to the front of the card using dimensionals.  For a little extra pizzazz, I took a scrap of white cardstock and stamped the cake in Crisp Cantaloupe ink and paper pieced over top the original image.  Then I added a few rhinestones and a little glitter pen (non-SU) over top of the BIRTHDAY lettering and candle flames.  Paper piecing is one of my favorite techniques to use in cardmaking, but I know a lot of people really don't enjoy fussy cutting.

No comments:

Post a Comment