Monday, February 10, 2014

Simple Valentine card

Today's sample is of a simple Valentine card I made for my dear husband.  I used retired designer series paper called "More Amore" from Stampin'Up! - and luckily it is still available on the clearance rack in my on-line store.  The piece of DSP was cut at a 4-1/4" square, then I placed the paper in my trimmer at an angle between the cutting line and the 1" mark.  I had a scrap of Pool Party cardstock about 3/4" wide, so I glued that on the backside of the DSP, trimmed the ends, and adhered it to a Very Vanilla card base measuring 4-1/4" x 11".  Included with the DSP are two sheets of the paper hearts that you can cut apart, so I decided to use one heart as my focal image.  I stamped my sentiment on a scrap of Very Vanilla, then punched it out with SU's  large heart punch.  I popped the heart up with dimensionals, and added a little bow of Pool Party ribbon.  The sentiments are from a retired stamp set called "Filled with Love."  It was one of my favorite stamp sets when it came out, so being the hoarder that I am I still own it.  I stamped the sentiments in "Early Espresso" ink.  This simple layout could work well for plenty of other occasions by substituting a different designer paper and focal image, like a large cupcake or balloons for a birthday card.

I was trying not to make it too "girly" by adding a lot of glitter since it's for my husband.  He'll still probably think it's a little too frilly, but hopefully he'll just appreciate the sentiment behind it.  After all, we've been married 35 years so he should know me by now!

No comments:

Post a Comment