Sunday, February 16, 2014

super quick birthday card

We all have times when we need a quick card, but you just don't have a lot of time to make it.  In times like that, I find it easy to basically let your designer paper do the work for you.  Actually this piece of designer paper was my least favorite print out of the "Sweet Sorbet" paper pack (SAB).  It's nothing I can really put my finger on...I just wasn't a fan. 

So I began my quest to use up the sheet of paper, and started with a card base of Sahara Sand.  I had cut the DSP at 4" x 5-1/4", so I layered that on a piece of Basic Black cardstock measuring 4-1/8" x
5-3/8" and adhered both to the card front.

I took a scrap of Whisper White cardstock, and stamped one of the flower images from the SAB set called "Petal Parade" using Pistachio Pudding ink.   This flower image is my absolute favorite out of that stamp set.  Over top of the flower image, I stamped "Happy Birthday" in Basic Black ink.  The sentiment is from "Bring on the Cake."  I cut the image out with SU's oval framelits, and backed it with a larger oval cut out in Basic Black cardstock.

Now the fun part!  I wanted to use a 4" doily which is round.  I cut two doilies in half, and trimmed out the centers of each.  Then I added adhesive around the back of the black oval, and began to scrunch the doily around the oval.  I ended up using 1 and 1/2 doilies to complete the entire way around.  Then I simply added Tombo glue to the back of the black oval and along the edge where the doily is attached to the oval.  When I smashed that down on the card front, that helped the doily edge pop up and looks like lace framing the oval.  The picture really doesn't do it justice.  This card could easily be made into a "get well" or "thinking of you."  Hopefully the recipient will appreciate the end result even though it didn't take a lot of time.  And the added bonus for me was I ended up liking the DSP a bit better because most of it was covered up.



No comments:

Post a Comment