Friday, March 21, 2014

"Another Great Year"

Today's card features a stamp set called "Another Great Year" which is from our current mini catalog. I began by stamping the image on a piece of Whisper White cardstock measuring 3-1/4" x 4-1/2" using black StazOn ink. I stamped the image again on a scrap of Tempting Turquoise cardstock, and cut out the ribbon banners with my paper snips.  I love paper piecing as it's one of my favorite paper crafting techniques.  The banners were then glued over top of the original image using Tombow glue.  Next I adhered this layer onto a piece of Basic Black cardstock measuring 3-3/8" x 4-5/8".  My card base is made from Tempting Turquoise cardstock (5-1/2" x 8-1/2") and the layer of DSP measures 4" x 5-1/4" from the paper pack "Kaleidoscope."  I attached the stamped layer using dimensionals.  I punched several circles from scraps of Basic Black and Melon Mambo cardstock using SU's 1/2" circle punch and the tiny circle punch from the Itty Bitty Shapes punch pack. These were randomly scattered across the front, and I added a few gold sequins for a touch of bling.  To the centers of the sequins, I added a drop of gold Stickles (non-SU).

No comments:

Post a Comment