Monday, March 17, 2014

keeping things simple

Good morning!
Today's card was created for an upcoming bridal shower.  I love creating white on white cards, but I wanted to incorporate one of the wedding colors into the card which is Elegant Eggplant.

I started by cutting a regular A2 sized card base (8-1/2" x 5-1/2") in Whisper White cardstock.   The Elegant Eggplant layer measures 4" x 5-1/4", and the Whisper White layer measures 3-3/4" x 5".

The white layer was cut out with the Big Shot machine and the Adorning Accents edgelits.  Then I embossed the upper portion of the layer with the Beautifully Baroque embossing folder, being careful to leave enough space to stamp my sentiment.  The sentiment was stamped in Elegant Eggplant ink using the stamp set "Love & Laughter."  I adhered the layers together, and tied some sparkly edged ribbon (non-SU) around the layer then glued to the card front.  Rhinestones added to the scallops were my finishing touch to add a little touch of bling.  I was pretty pleased with the end result as I thought it was simple yet elegant.

No comments:

Post a Comment