Saturday, March 15, 2014

making the best of bloopers

Happy Saturday! 

Today's card started out with a basic layout I'd seen on Susan Itell's website.  Susan's version was all done in Whisper White cardstock, but I added a little layer of green underneath which was from my contraband scrap pile....meaning it wasn't from Stampin'Up!  Anything I use which is not SU I jokingly refer to as contraband.  But my friend needed two sympathy cards, so I began cutting the cardstock and started my quest for 2 fast cards.  This stamp set (Stippled Blossoms) is a 2-step stamping process which I have yet to totally master that technique.  Do I get an A for effort?  Probably if I'd used my stamp-a-ma-jig tool it would have gone better.  But I wanted it to be fast!

Anyhow, I began by stamping the main part of the flower underneath in Pink Pirouette ink, then used the detailed part over top of it using Strawberry Slush ink.  Easy enough, right?  WRONG!  I caught the edge of the detailed image and smeared a touch of Strawberry Slush ink, so in order to fix it I stamped two images on that card.  Didn't think it looked too bad so far.  Then I added the leaves in Pear Pizzazz ink underneath and Old Olive ink for the detailed image.  Smeared ink AGAIN!!!  Consequently card #1 got 2 flowers and an extra leaf.  Time to start over with card #2 and it went a little more smoothly.  I added Dazzling Details to the flower centers, and the sentiment was stamped in Old Olive ink using a hostess stamp set called "Simply Sketched."  Love that font!  I added some contraband ribbon that was out on my craft desk....and voila!  I made the best of  my bloopers.

No comments:

Post a Comment