Friday, March 28, 2014

making use of scraps

I made today's card a few weeks ago, but never got around to posting it.  I was really happy with the end result, however it did take a good bit of time due to all the fussy cutting.  The adorable little critters are from the stamp set called "Life in the Forest" which is in the current mini catalog. The DSP paper (4" x 5-1/4") is from the paper pack "Sweet Sorbet" (free SAB choice).  The sentiments were from the combination of "Just Sayin" stamp set cut out with the "Word Bubbles" framelits dies. For the trees and grass, I hand cut scraps of Wild Wasabi and Early Espresso cardstock that were laying on my craft desk.  The scrap of Early Espresso was from the core'dinations cardstock and had been embossed with SU's woodgrain embossing folder, so it was perfect to use as my trees.  I paper pieced the faces on the fox and porcupine with scraps of  Whisper White, Really Rust (retired) and Pink Pirouette.  I used a scrap of Soft Sky cardstock for the sky, and framed it with the On Film framelit die. The framelit was attached to the card front with dimentionals.  The fox was also added using dimensionals, as were the sentiments.  The Word Window and Modern Label punches were used to frame the greeting.

This card was a little bit of an effort to achieve, but I do think it was worth the extra effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment