Friday, March 7, 2014

"Off the Grid" birthday card

I found this card layout on a blog from SU demonstrator Mary Brown.  I followed her basic design and just changed up the stamped sentiment she had used.  This grid stamp was one of my first
choices when the catalog was released last June.   I thought this layout was kind of funky and it would also work for a masculine birthday as well.

Supplies used:  "Off the Grid" and "Sassy Salutations"  stamp sets

                          Summer Starfruit cs base (4-1/4" x 11")
                          Basic Black cs layer (3-7/8" x 5-1/8")
                          Whisper White cs layer (3-3/4" x 5")
                          Pistachio Pudding cs (1-1/8" x 3-3/4")

                         StazOn black ink
                         Summer Starfruit and Pistachio Pudding markers

                        Sweet Sorbet DSP (SAB) and Summer Starfruit twine (SAB)

                        Triangle punch (mini catalog)
                        rhinestones and dimensionals

I must admit, I wasn't a big fan of Summer Starfruit when it first came out as an "in-color."  It's really grown on me, and I'll be kind of  sorry  to see it go away in May.

Have a creative day, and thanks for looking!


No comments:

Post a Comment