Wednesday, March 26, 2014

quick baby card

I found today's layout on Kim Skinner's site called www.stampingimperfection.com   I followed her layout, and also her suggestion to emboss the two cardstock pieces together for some added interest.  Kim had used the stamp set called "Zoo Babies" which I don't currently own...but I will have it shortly!   I did, however, own a retired stamp set called "Fox & Friends" which is extremely similar, so I substituted that stamp set until I receive my new set.

Supplies used:   Baked Brown Sugar cardstock 4-1/4" x 11" for card base
                          Bermuda Bay cardstock 4" x 5-1/4"
                          So Saffron cardstock 4" x 2-1/2"
                          Retro Fresh DSP  2-1/4" x 4-3/4"
                          Tangerine Tango cardstock for Modern Label punch and Scallop punch (2-3/8")
                          Very Vanilla scraps for Word Window punch and 1-3/4" circle punch for image
                           Baked Brown Sugar ink
                          Very Vanilla seam binding
                           dimensionals, glue dots and Tombow
                          Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder
                          "Teeny Tiny Wishes" stamp set and "Fox & Friends" (retired)
I began by centering the So Saffron cardstock on the Bermuda Bay cardstock, then ran it through the Big Shot machine with the dotted embossing folder.  Then I used liquid Tombow glue to adhere the DSP to the cardstock layer, and tied a bow around the entire layer with the Very Vanilla seam binding.  I used Tombow again to adhere to the card base.  I stamped the image and sentiment on Very Vanilla cardstock with Baked Brown Sugar ink, and punched out.  For added interest, I poked holes in each of the scallops, and both were added to the card front with dimensionals.  I secured the bow with a couple glue dots.

This design could easily be used for a young child's birthday card as well.  There would be lots of ways to embellish this card by adding enamel dots, brads or rhinestones. 

Hope you have a creative day ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment