Wednesday, March 12, 2014

super simple St. Patrick's Day card

In case you're needing a quick St. Patty's Day card for your Irish friends....or those that pretend to be Irish...here's a super fast card. 

This card takes minimal supplies, and I used up scraps of various shades of DSP for the 3/4" circles on the side.

I began with using a stem stamp from the set called "Simple Stems" by using a Garden Green marker and coloring in only the stem (omit leaves).  The Whisper White layer measures 2" x 3-3/4".    I punched 5 circles of DSP using the 3/4" circle punch.  The colors of DSP are Pear Pizzazz, Wild Wasabi, and Garden Green.  Then I punched a line of holes along the edge to add some additional interest.  The shamrock was formed by punching 3 hearts from a scrap of Garden Green cardstock using SU's small heart punch.  I scored them in half and added to the top of the stem with small pieces of dimensionals.  From the "Teeny Tiny Wishes" stamp set, I added the sentiment using Early Espresso ink.  For the final touch, I added a small bow made from SU's linen thread and attached with a glue dot.  The focal point was then added to the Crumb Cake cardstock base (4-1/4" x 11") using dimensionals.  You could certainly jazz this card up by using an embossing folder on the card front, or adding a rhinestone to the center of the shamrock, but I was trying to keep it clean and simple for a change.

I'm hoping for some quality stamping time now that tax season is behind me.  Have I mentioned how much I loathe tax season?  I consider myself fairly organized, so I can't imagine how unorganized people cope with it!

Hope you have time to create today!

No comments:

Post a Comment