Wednesday, March 19, 2014

workshop make-n-take

I designed today's card to be a make-n-take at a workshop last month.  It was pretty well received by those in attendance.  I figured I'd better post it before Sale-a-bration is over with since it features one of the stamp sets.

I used a masking technique by making a template from a piece of cardstock, and punched out SU's small heart punch and large heart punch.  After you stamp your sentiments on both the front and inside Whisper White pieces of cardstock, you simply lay your masking template over top and "pounce" the ink using a sponge dauber.  In the sample, Pink Pirouette ink was used
The first layer was done using Primrose Petals C'oredinations cardstock (4" x 5-1/4") and the Arrow embossing folder.  I sanded it lightly before adhering it to the card front using Tombow glue.  I only used the textured cardstock/embossing folder on the card front.  Inside I used regular Primrose Petals cardstock for the first layer.  The card base and layers for the sentiments were done with Early Espresso cardstock.  The Whisper White layers measure 3" x 4", and the Early Espresso layers measure 3-1/4" x 4-1/4".  The striped image was stamped using Primrose Petals ink, and the dotted image with Early Espresso.  The sentiment layer on the front was attached using dimensionals.  Inside I glued it directly to the Primrose Petal layer.  To the front I added some Dazzling Details to the heart, and made a small bow from the matching Primrose Petals ribbon.
 
The stamp sets used were "See Ya Later"  (SAB choice) and "Perfect Pennants"
 
Hope you have time to create something beautiful today!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment