Saturday, April 26, 2014

An old pattern but a good one!

Well it's finally the weekend!  YAY!  What an eternal week this was, and I felt like I accomplished nothing.

I was "attempting" to clean my craft space when I came upon this sample.  I sell cards at a local gift shop, and they advised they were running low on sympathy cards.  I pulled this sample because it's easy to reproduce but a pretty elegant card.

The base was made with Soft Suede textured cardstock which has been discontinued. (normal A2 size card)  You could choose to use plain cardstock, or it could be textured with an embossing folder as an alternative. The top layer of Very Vanilla measures 2-3/4" x 4", stamped with Soft Suede ink.  The stamp set is one of my favorites "Thoughts & Prayers."  Luckily it's not retiring!  I stamped the image towards the top of the cardstock to allow a strip of DSP measuring 3/4" to be added to the bottom. I covered the seam with a ribbon.  The Very Vanilla layer beneath this measures 3" x 4-1/4".  I added the larger layer to the cardfront first, then popped the stamped layer on top using dimensionals.  For the final touch, tiny pearls are scattered throughout the branches of the trees....which may be hard to see in the photograph. 

No comments:

Post a Comment