Sunday, April 13, 2014

Hexagon Hive Thinlit card

Today's card is made with the "Hexagon Hive" thinlit die which is from the current mini catalog. I began by cutting out the die with some Kraft paper (non-SU).  Then I inked up the Hardwood background stamp (also in the mini catalog) with Early Espresso ink, and stamped the cut out piece and also the card front as well.  I then carefully cut pieces of dimensionals and attached the cut out piece to the card front.

I used the stamp set called "Flower Shop" and stamped the flowers in Calypso Coral and Crisp Cantaloupe ink, and punched them out with the coordinating punch.  The leaves were stamped from "Secret Garden" in Pear Pizzazz ink, and cut out with the coordinating framelit. These were attached with dimensionals.

I stamped the little banner from the hostess set called "Banner Greetings" in Calypso Coral ink, and attached to a toothpick. This was added to the card front using dimensionals.

The centers of the flowers are actually handmade enamel dots that I learned to make by watching several videos on YouTube.  They are so easy to do, and they are made with Perler beads.  I've been baking big batches of them in an array of colors.   I'm addicted, and will be needing a 12 step program shortly!  ha ha!!

I hope you enjoy today's card as much as I enjoyed making it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment