Wednesday, April 2, 2014

super simple "Simply Stars" card

Good evening!
Today's card is a super quick and simple card.  I've found that I'm truly learning to appreciate clean and simple cards these days.  I found this card layout on Amy O'Neill's blog.   Amy had heat embossed her sentiment which I loved, but honestly I was too lazy to pull out my heat gun.  I guess it's just too late in the day. My "Man in Brown" just delivered the stamp set today, so I didn't have all day to play with it.   Anyway, I was happy with the end result for now.  Perhaps the heat gun will make an appearance on another day.

I began with a card base of 4-1/4" x 11", scored at 5-1/2".  I took a scrap of Pool Party DSP which measured 4-1/4" x 3".  I cut it on an angle and glued to the card base.  Next I took my black marker and added two lines which followed the angle of the DSP.  I took a scrap of white cardstock and stamped a large star from the set "Simply Stars" using Real Red ink.  I cut out the star, added dimensionals, and attached it to a vellum cardstock circle measuring 1-3/4".  This was attached to the card front with dimensionals.  I stamped the sentiment in black StazOn in from the stamp set called "Express Yourself."   I added a black dot to the center of the star.

No comments:

Post a Comment