Wednesday, April 16, 2014

sweet little Easter card

Today's card is a sweet little bunny - just perfect for sending special Easter wishes.  I began with cutting out a circle in Whisper White cardstock using SU's circle framelits.  I used the 4th from the largest circle.  I used a sponge and colored some cheeks using Pretty in Pink ink (retired).  The ears were punched in Whisper White c/s and Pretty in Pink DSP using the wide oval and large oval punches.  The white pieces were all sponged with Soft Suede ink, and the pink pieces were sponged with Pretty in Pink ink.  I attached the bunny pieces to a layer of Kraft c/s (non-SU) which measured 3-3/4" x 5". After these pieces were attached, then I trimmed the circle even with the edges of the layer, and rounded the corners.  I added whiskers with my black marker (fine tip end) and added a small heart punched out of matching pink cardstock for her little nose.  The eyes were added using my homemade enamel dots made from Perler beads, and I added a small dot of black enamel liquid for the mouth.  The bow was made from Pretty in Pink satin ribbon from SU (retired).  For the sentiment, I used the word bubble from "Just Sayin" and stamped/heat embossed with Versamark and white embossing folder.  I then used the matching framelit to cut it out, and added it to the card front using dimensionals.  This entire layer was attached to the card front using dimensionals. The card base is a normal A2 size (5-1/2" x 8-1/2" scored at 4-1/4") and I rounded all the corners.

This card kind of reminds me of "Hello Kitty" only in the bunny version. 

No comments:

Post a Comment