Wednesday, April 30, 2014

TBD

Hello stampers....
This card is one that I would classify as a "TBD" type card.  (to be determined)  I like having a stash of generic cards made, and when the need for a card arises you can simply add a quick tag for the occasion.  For example, using the stamp set "Teeny Tiny Wishes" would be a fabulous choice that would cover many occasions.  I think this card would be perfect for a birthday, get well, thinking of you, or Mother's Day. 

I seriously used scraps laying on my desk for most of this card.  I found the instructions to make the basket on a sight called www.dostampingwithdawn.com  Dawn is a Stampin'Up! demonstrator and does a fabulous job on her videos and card samples.  Check her out!

The card base is from Crumb Cake measuring 4-1/4" x 11", scored at 5-1/2".  The next layer measures 4" x 5-1/4" and I ran it through the Lattice Square embossing folder and my Big Shot machine.  The basket was woven from strips of Crumb Cake cardstock that had been stamped with the "Hardwood" background stamp.  Dawn does an excellent video to show how it's done, and it's much easier than it looks.  The flowers were punched from the Petite Petals punch, and I added my homemade dots to the center. These were attached to the card front with pieces of dimensionals, as was the basket.

No comments:

Post a Comment