Monday, May 12, 2014

Another "TBD"

Hey stampers....
Here's another great "to be determined" card I found on Dawn Griffith's Youtube channel.  I used her basic design, and just added a little extra embossing and Dazzling Details for a little extra bling.  You can never have enough bling!

The base of the card is your standard A2 size (8.5" x 5.5") except this is a gatefold style card.  It was scored at 2-1/2" and 6-3/4".  The sentiment "hello" is from a stamp set in the Occasions mini catalog called "Simply Celebrate."   I stamped that on 1-1/2" square of Very Vanilla cardstock using StazOn black ink.  This square was then mounted on a piece of Basic Black cardstock measuring 1-7/8" square.  The Very Vanilla layers measure 4" x 5-1/4" for the inside liner, 2-1/4"  x 5-1/4"  for the left flap, and 1-1/2" x 5-1/4" for the right flap.  I ran the flap pieces through the dotted embossing folder to add some extra texture to the card front before attaching them to the flaps.

The main focal layer is made from the "Modern Medley" DSP.  This paper is retiring, and I'm sad to see it go!  The DSP measures 2-3/4" x 4-1/2", attached to a layer of Basic Black cardstock measuring 3" x 4-3/4".

I took a scrap of Very Vanilla cardstock and stamped the three flowers from the "Flower Shop" stamp set using StazOn ink. I punched the flowers out with the coordinating punch, and sponged the centers with Tangerine Tango ink. 

I assembled the card by attaching the DSP layer first, carefully adding adhesive only to the left side. Then I attached the "hello" text box using Stampin' Dimensionals, being careful to only add them to the right hand side of the small square.  This allows the "hello" box to become your closure as the left flap will fit underneath.  The last step for the front was to add dimensionals to the back of the flowers and attach them, then I dabbed them with Dazzling Details.    Whenever I decide what I need this card for, (birthday, get well, thinking of you) then I can stamp an appropriate sentiment inside. 

No comments:

Post a Comment