Tuesday, June 10, 2014

"Age Awareness" card

Hello fellow stampers!
Today's card features several new products from the new SU catalog.  My favorite "Man in Brown" delivered my latest order yesterday, and I couldn't get that box open fast enough!  It's always like Christmas morning to me. :)

I used the technique commonly referred to as "second generation stamping" where you stamp your image a second time without re-inking.  In this sample, I actually did third and fourth generation as I was attempting to get an hombre effect.

The background stamps came from a set called "Chalk Lines" and were stamped using Hello Honey and Tangelo Twist ink.  The sentiments are from a stamp set called "Age Awareness."  Now let's say since the inside sentiment is a teensy weensy bit insulting but actually is kind of a compliment..... you would need to be careful who you send this card to!  They would need to have a good sense of humor!!

The arrows were stamped in Tangelo Twist, and came from a stamp set called "What's Up?"  We have a coordinating punch to match the arrows.  That's one thing I truly love about Stampin'Up!  Easy peasy!

Cardstock:  Whisper White  (5-1/2" x 8-1/2") card base  (4-1/2" x 3-1/4") x 2 sentiments
                    Lost Lagoon (4-3/4" x 3-1/2") x 2
DSP:  Moonlight paper stack  (1" strip)
Misc:  rhinestones, What's Up? punch, Stampin' dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment