Monday, June 9, 2014

"Bloom with Hope" card

Today's card features a new hostess set called "Bloom with Hope."  It's a good multi-purpose set for birthday, sympathy, or thinking of you.  My kind of set since you get more "bang for your buck!"

I used three of the new In-Colors called Mellow Moss (stem) Blackberry Bliss (flower petals) and Hello Honey (flower centers).  I used markers to color in the stamp images, then used my blender pen to spread the color lightly over the image.  The flower petals were stamped again on a scrap of white cardstock, cut out, and popped with dimensionals.    I added a little Dazzling Details for some sparkle.  The 3/4" strip of DSP is from the paper stack called "Moonlight."   I just love these stacks for cardmaking!  The finishing touch was to wrap several inches of white bakers twine around the layer to cover the seam of the DSP, tied in a simple bow.  A glue dot was used underneath the bow to hold it in place.
 
Measurements :  Whisper White card base 4-1/4" x 11" scored at 5-1/2"
Smokey Slate layer 4" x 5-1/4"
Whisper White layer 3-3/4" x 5"
 
Have a creative day! :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment