Monday, June 23, 2014

for all you baseball fans out there.....

Happy Monday!
I found today's card on Pinterest, and it was originally posted from a website called "Paper Ecstasy."  This card design is so stinkin' cute I just had to try it out, and I don't even like baseball!  Actually I'd rather watch paint dry....but that's another story.  But I have several close friends that do love the game, so it will be a perfect birthday greeting for them.

I began by using SU's "Circle Card" framelit to get the basic card shape which was cut out of Night of Navy cardstock.    The stars were stamped on the left hand side using a retired stamp set called "Sprinkled Expressions."  If you don't happen to own this set, you could easily use any star image you may have.  I used Night of Navy ink to give it a tone on tone look.

I cut out a strip of Real Red cardstock by running it back through the Big Shot/Circle Card framelit and trimmed it to fit. Then I ran it through the striped embossing folder (retired) and glued it to the card base.  The stars were punched out of scraps of Daffodil Delight cardstock using the new small star punch.  The stars were glued down with Tombow liquid glue.

Now on to the sentiments.  The baseball was super easy to form by punching out a circle of white cardstock with the 2-1/2" circle punch.  Then I traced the arch using a pencil and the edge of the cardstock that I'd punched the circle from.  All I had to do then was to take the matching Night of Navy marker (thick tip end) and go over the pencil line.  The red "stitches" were from the little arrow die that comes with the "Circle Card" framelit, cut out of Real Red cardstock.  Those were glued in place, then I punched tiny holes in between the mini stitches.  Cute, eh?  Then the baseball was adhered to the card front.

The "Happy Birthday" and "Thinking of You" sentiments are from the stamp set "Sassy Salutations."
I stamped the HB on a scrap of white cardstock in Night of Navy ink, then cut it out in a banner shape.  I attached a little piece of Real Red ribbon on the end, added a star, and attached it to the card front with dimensionals.

The inside sentiment was also stamped in the same ink and white cardstock, and punched out with a 2-1/2" circle punch.  I glued this to the inside of the card, and added a couple stars.

I think any die-hard baseball fan would love getting this cute card!

No comments:

Post a Comment