Tuesday, July 29, 2014

5 minute card

Hello....
Today's card is a very simple design I found on Pinterest, and I just stepped it up a bit.  This card can seriously be completed in 5 minutes, and would be a great design to mass produce if needed.

I began with a piece of Whisper White cardstock measuring 4-1/4" x 11", scored at 5-1/2".  I laid it face down on my Simply Scored board and scored a line at 1/2" and 3/4" from the bottom of the card front.  By doing this from the wrong side of the card front, it makes the lines embossed on the front of the card.  It's hard to see in the picture, but it really adds a nice touch!

The center design was formed by taking a scrap of Whisper White cardstock and I punched out a circle measuring 2-1/2".  I laid a piece of computer paper over top of the majority of the circle, and softly sponged the water using Pacific Point ink.  Then I placed a 1/2" circle punched out of the sticky portion of a Post-it Note and placed that over top of the edge of the water.  I lightly sponged Calypso Coral ink, and then the sky with Pacific Point ink.  I then removed the 1/2" circle.  The grass/weed image was stamped in Basic Black ink and the image is from the stamp set "Wetlands." This circle was then attached to a Basic Black cardstock circle I cut from SU's circle framelits.  The focal image was then attached to the front of the card using Stampin' Dimensionals.

I stamped the sentiment in Basic Black ink, and it's from the stamp set called "Four You." 
 
Pretty simple and pretty darn quick!  It's an example of another great card to have on hand, and simply add the appropriate sentiment inside as needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment