Thursday, July 17, 2014

Altered Composition Book

Hello!

Today's post is an easy way to transform a simple composition book into a journal.  I purchased a plain notebook for 50 cents.  The cover was mostly gray and black, with just a center box outlined in white.  I decided to cover the box with a piece of black cardstock.  I rounded the corners of the cardstock before adhering it to the front of the book.  I cut a white piece of cardstock slightly smaller than the black cardstock, also rounding the corners.

On the piece of white cardstock, I stamped some of the images from the new stamp set called "Kinda Eclectic."  The ink colors used were Hello Honey, Blackberry Bliss, Mossy Meadow, and Basic Gray.  The leaves were stamped once directly on the project, and again on a scrap of white cardstock.  Then I fussy cut the leaves out and glued over top of the stamped image.  I stamped the big butterfly once (after stamping off) and the small butterfly was stamped full strength on a scrap and punched out. For bling, I added 3 mini rhinestones to the butterfly, a wadded up loop of linen thread, and a simple bow made with Blackberry Bliss ribbon.  For the last touch, I added a tiny piece of washi tape, and stamped the word "sparkle."  The sentiment is from a new stamp set that is coming in the holiday mini catalog called "Good Greeetings."  The white layer was then glued over top of the black cardstock.
 
Sorry for the glare from the camera!
 
Since the stores are getting ready for back-to-school sales, it would be a great time to pick up a few extra composition books while they are on special.  I like to have these types of journals ready to use for various things.  They are great to use for junk journals, keeping track of bills, or just a place to jot down things you don't want to forget.
 
Happy stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment