Tuesday, July 22, 2014

More "Kinda Eclectic" samples

Hello stampers.....
Here are a couple samples I made with "Kinda Eclectic" since it was still out on my desk.  It's a great collage stamp set, however I think in doing the first sample I thought I was the Energizer Bunny and kept going and going....... Do you ever find yourself doing that?  Occasionally I don't know when to stop!  ha ha!


 
The ink colors used were all the new "In-Colors" of Hello Honey, Lost Lagoon, Mossy Meadow, Tangelo Twist, and Blackberry Bliss.  I stamped the dots in Basic Gray ink (after stamping off first.)
The sentiment inside is from a hostess set called "Hello There", and the little flower image is from the stamp set called "Something to Say."  The DSP is from the paper stack called "Moonlight."

The second sample is still kind of busy....but I was much happier with it.  I started with a Whisper White card base, and inked up the Honeycomb embossing folder with Sahara Sand ink.  It's really a cool way to get an extra use out of your embossing folders by using them as a stamp!  You simply ink up the smallest side of the folder with ink, then lay your card base on the opposite side and close the folder.  Lightly rub your fingers over top, and it transfers the image onto the card base.  The more you rub...the more of the design transfers.  The ink washes off the folder quite easily by putting it under running water at the sink.

 
I basically used most of the same colors in this sample, with the exception of switching out the Basic Gray for the Sahara Sand.  I also inked up the edges of this card with a sponge and the Sahara Sand ink.   The banner on the front of the card is cut from Sahara Sand cardstock and measured about 3" x 1-1/8" before cutting the notch.  It was attached to the card front with foam dimensionals.
 
Hope you have a creative week!  Stamp something fun! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment