Sunday, August 17, 2014

Another Stippled Blossoms

Hello stampers!
I made another card featuring the "Stippled Blossoms" stamp set while the supplies were still out on my craft desk.  Actually I was happier with this version as opposed to the previous one.  I think it's because there was less negative space on the card front, and I liked how the fold came out.
 
A card base was formed using a piece of Whisper White cardstock measuring 4-1/4" x 11", scored at 5-1/2".  Then I removed half of the front flap (2-3/4").  Then you'll need two pieces of Old Olive cardstock measuring 3" x 4-1/4" and two pieces of Whisper White measuring 2-3/4" x 4". 
 
I began by stamping the solid image of the flower using Wisteria Wonder on the small piece of Whisper White. . Next I used Elegant Eggplant ink with the outline image.  I repeated the same steps on a scrap of Whisper White cardstock and cut out the flower image, carefully leaving a small white border.  Set aside.  I added the leaves using Pear Pizzazz ink on the solid image leaf, and Old Olive ink on the outline image.  The sentiment was stamped in Elegant Eggplant ink and is from the set "Wetlands."  Adhere the stamped layer to the Old Olive layer and set aside. 
 
For the inside, I used the smaller flower and leaves images from the stamp set.  I used the same steps, stamping an extra small flower on a scrap of Whisper White and trimmed it out.  The white layer was attached to the Old Olive layer, and glued directly to the inside of the card.  The small trimmed out flower was attached directly over the stamped image using a dimensional.
 
Going back to the card front, I stamped the large flower outline image on the front flap using Wisteria Wonder ink.  Be careful to rotate the stamp to get good coverage.  Close the card front.  Place dimensionals on the back of the left end of the original Old Olive/Whisper White piece you'd stamped.  Carefully align the piece on the flap to ensure it perfectly covers the Old Olive piece that was glued inside the card.  Press into place.  Attach the large cut out flower over the stamped flower using dimensionals.    For a little touch of bling, added a touch of Dazzling Details to the center of each flower on the card front and inside the card.
 
Don't forget to decorate an envelope to match while you have your supplies out!  

No comments:

Post a Comment