Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Stippled Blossoms

Good morning!
Today's post features the lovely stamp set called "Stippled Blossoms."   This is a "2-step" stamp set which I tend to shy away from.  Truthfully it's much easier to master the 2-step process by using a tool called a "Stamp-a-ma-jig."  But you know sometimes you just gotta wing it when you're in a hurry.  All in all, I was pretty pleased with the outcome of this card considering I didn't get out the extra tool.

I began with a Whisper White card base measuring 4-1/4" x 11", scored at 5-1/2".  I stamped the outline layer image of the flower using "Wisteria Wonder" ink along the left hand side of the card front, then set it aside.  You need to rotate the image as you stamp to get good coverage and allow the flowers to fit together.

The top Whisper White layer measures 3-1/4" x 5-1/2".  In the lower right hand corner, I stamped the solid image of the largest flower using the lightest color "Wisteria Wonder."  I did stamp off on a piece of scrap paper before stamping it on my project.  Over top of the solid image, I used the flower outline stamp and "Elegant Eggplant" ink.  This color combination was suggested on SU's Color Coach tool.  I repeated the same steps on a scrap piece of cardstock and stamped another flower, carefully trimming out leaving a small border.  I set that cut out piece aside for later.

For the leaves, I used "Pear Pizzazz" for the solid image, and "Old Olive" for the outline image.  The leaves were stamped directly on the project.  I then added a small 1/4" strip of Old Olive cardstock to each side of the layer, adhering it with Tombo glue.  I stamped the greeting from the set called "Wetlands" using "Elegant Eggplant" ink.

I glued the layer directly to the card front using Tombo.  Using dimensionals, I added the extra flower over top of the original one I had stamped.  This gives some added dimension to the card.  The final touch of bling was some liquid Dazzling Details to the center of the flower.

This card really is pretty easy to put together.  It would be another good one to have on hand and just add the appropriate sentiment when needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment