Sunday, August 24, 2014

"Wondrous Wreath" and "For All Things" sneak peek

Hello stampers!
Today's post features stamp sets called "Wondrous Wreath" and "For All Things"  that will be available this week, August 28th.  Although the set is actually Christmas themed.....I immediately thought of making the wreath in the colors of fall.  I love getting double duty out of my stamps!    So before I ventured into making a Christmas card with this set, I chose to do one for my favorite time of year. 

The  colors I've chosen for the wreath were Tangelo Twist, Baked Brown Sugar, and Soft Suede.  The stamp set is one of our photopolymer sets, so it's very easy to get each layer perfectly placed when stamping.  And...to make it even better there's a matching framelit set to die cut the pieces out.  Woo hoo!

I used the "Hardwood" background stamp and Crumb Cake ink on a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock, (4" x 5-1/4") and glued to a normal sized A2 card base.  The wreath was attached with foam dimensionals.  The sentiment "Grateful" is from another new stamp set called "For All Things."  There's a banner-shaped shadow stamp in the set, so I took a scrap of Very Vanilla cardstock and stamped the shadow using Crumb Cake ink.  I inked the word "Grateful" with a Tangelo Twist marker, and cut out the shadow by hand. This was mounted to the card front using foam dimensionals.  The little acorn came from the same stamp set, and I inked that up with Crumb Cake and Chocolate Chip markers.  For a little bling, I finished the card off with a small bow made with the new gold ribbon and added additional dots in the wreath with Gold Glitz Dazzling Details.
With the way our lovely Ohio weather has been, it kind of feels like fall already.  I just hate what comes after that. :( 
 
Have a creative kind of day!

No comments:

Post a Comment