Wednesday, September 3, 2014

So many stamps...so little time...

Hello stampers!
I have so many new stamps to play with, and haven't been able to find much available time to do so! I think sometimes I just need to learn to put it on my "schedule" of things to complete.

Today's card actually took several different stamp sets to complete, but that's the best part about owning so many stamps sets!  ha ha!
The main focal point image is from a stamp set called "Seasonally Scattered" which is new in the holiday mini catalog.  I actually inked it up first in Crushed Curry ink, then used sponge daubers with Pumpkin Pie and Old Olive inks.  It wasn't anything you have to think about too much...just go with it. It makes such a beautiful combination of colors since some of them overlapped each other.
The little leaves were stamped from a new set called "Fall Fest", and I cut them out with the matching framelits.  I stamped them with the same colors on matching cardstock, except the Crushed Curry one was stamped on white cardstock.  After I cut them out with the framelits/Big Shot, I stamped the leaves and the base of the card with the splotchy image from the set Gorgeous Grunge. I also lightly sponged the edges of the leaves with Crumb Cake ink.  I then mounted the focal image layer to a piece of Old Olive cardstock, and glued it directly to the card front.  I attached the leaves in the corner, and added a bow with Crushed Curry baker's twine.
 
The inside of the card was done with the same technique, and the little leaves inside were from the stamp set called "For All Things."    This left plenty of room to write a personal note, and also brought the fall colors to the inside of the card.
 
measurements used:  Crumb Cake cardstock 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" scored at 4-1/4"
Whisper White cardstock 4-1/2" x 3-1/4" (cut 2)
Old Olive cardstock 4-3/4" x 3-1/2" (cut 2)
Inks:  Crushed Curry, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, Crumb Cake
 
I hope you have time to create something beautiful today!

No comments:

Post a Comment