Thursday, October 9, 2014

EZ Christmas Card

Hello Stampers!
I've been busy working on some Christmas card samples.  Today's post shows several cards I made yesterday, and this style would be very easy to mass produce.

I began by cutting all my card bases from Whisper White, measuring 4-1/4" x 11". 

Next I cut strips of Whisper White cardstock  1-1/2" x 4-1/4".   Then I stamped the sentiment for the front of the card. Something bold works best here, so I used the "Merry Christmas" from the stamp set "Merry Everything" in the mini catalog. The sentiment "Warmest Wishes" is from the stamp set called "Christmas Bliss."   The small tree is from the set "Holiday Home" which is also in the mini catalog. The snowflake is from the set "Endless Wishes."   I used Cherry Cobbler and Garden Green inks.

The DSP is from the mini catalog also, called "Trim the Tree" stack.  These are great little stacks of paper - perfect for cardmaking!  I hoard these paper stacks also....just in case you were wondering.
Sometimes I covered the entire card front....and some I cut a layer measuring 3-3/4" x 5".  But the wonderful thing about this paper is that it's double sided, so the strip that was left at the bottom was used as a contrast behind the white sentiment strip before I glued it to the card front. Then I covered the seam with Cherry Cobbler seam binding, tied in a simple knot.  I secured the knot with a glue dot underneath. On a couple of them I popped the sentiment layer with foam dimensionals, and used a tiny staple to attach a small piece of ribbon on the end.  Just a little variety so everything wasn't just the same.

This style could be embellished even more if you wanted (i.e. buttons, glitter, Crystal Effects, etc.)  yet still keep it easy to produce in quantities. By keeping the knot flat enough, hopefully I'll get away with just a regular postage stamp.  That's always important to keep in mind when you have to send a lot of cards.
I hope you found this helpful, and that you have time to create some of your own!

Happy stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment