Sunday, October 19, 2014

Making Spirits Bright

Hello Stampers!
Today's card features one of my "must have" sets out of the mini catalog called "Making Spirits Bright."  I simply had to have this set due to the image used in today's card.  I thought it would make a really funny card to send to your adult friends!

The DSP is retired SU paper I had on hand, however you could substitute any coordinating  Halloween paper you have as well.  The DSP measures 2" x 4" on the left piece.  The top right measures 3-1/8" x 1-1/2", and the bottom right measures 3-1/8" x 2-3/8".  These pieces were glued directly on the card base of Basic Black cardstock. (8-1/2" x 5-1/5", scored at 4-14".)

I stamped the image on Whisper White cardstock using Memento black ink, and punched it out using the  2-1/2" circle punch.  The circle was then attached to a starburst framelit cut out of black cardstock, and attached to the card front using dimensionals.

I colored in the eyeball in the drink with Old Olive ink and an aqua painter, and used the small tip of a Real Red marker to accentuate the bloodshot appearance.  Then I added a little touch of bling with a glitter pen (non-SU) to give the eyeball and cocktail toothpick a little sparkle.  Easy peasy!  As a final touch, I added 3 homemade dots made from Perler beads.
 
This layout could easily be converted to a birthday, anniversary or baby card by changing the DSP and focal image.  Use what you have and stop hoarding that stock of paper!  LOL!  I'm really guilty of hoarding! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment