Monday, November 10, 2014

Measurements for "Santa-tizer" #2

Hello again....
Here's a side view picture of version #2, and also what both versions look like side by side.
 
The measurements for version #2 are as follows:
 
Cherry Cobbler cardstock for body measures 2-1/4" x 5-1/2".  I ran it through the Big Shot using SU's polka dot embossing folder, and attached the ends together using red sticky strip for a strong hold.  I left the seam in the back.
 
I then attached a strip of white cardstock measuring 1/2" x 2-1/4" to the front.  I added two small black cardstock circles punched from SU's Owl punch to mimic buttons.
 
The belt was made of black cardstock measuring 1/2" x 5-1/2".  I attached it with Tombow liquid glue the entire way around his belly, leaving the seam in the front. It will be hidden by the buckle.
 
The ring of Cherry Cobbler cardstock that goes around the bottle cap measures 1" x 3-3/4". I curled it with a bone folder first to break down the fibers, then attached it with sticky strip.  The seam is in the front, as it will be covered by santa's head.
 
I formed the head exactly as version #1 from my prior posting this weekend, however for the brim of the hat this time I punched 2 pieces of white cardstock with the Word Window punch. And I added glitter to give it some bling!  I did add a dimensional underneath the first layer of bear to help add some depth.
 
I attached the head to the ring around the bottle cap using a double layer of Stampin' Dimensionals. You can see it in the picture above if you look at the side view.
 
You get more product with version #2 since it's a 2 ounce bottle.  But no matter what size bottle you find, I'm sure you can adapt the measurements to fit.  The holders will still be re-usable after the bottles are empty too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment