Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Butterfly Basics birthday card

Hello stampers!
I finally received my new Stampin'Up! toys after being delayed from the weather.  I hate it when my "Man in Brown" arrives later than he should!  ha ha!!  Doesn't he understand how crazy craft people need their stuff?? 

Anyway...on to the card.  I found this basic layout and color scheme on a site called www.brandyscards.com.  Brandy often does cards where you can create 10 cards in 20 minutes, and this design was one of those cards.  I followed her basic design, however I changed up a few things.
 
The card base is Whisper White measuring 4-1/4" x 11" scored at 5-1/2".
The leaf image was inked up in Old Olive ink, and stamped three times without re-inking.
The next step was to stamp the honeycomb image using Daffodil Delight ink.  This image was stamped multiple times, re-inking as needed.
I added the stripe at the bottom, stamped in Bermuda Bay ink. Brandy's version did not include the stripe...and it still looks gorgeous without it.  But I just thought it might add a little bit of extra interest.  The postage stamp, greeting, and splatters were stamped using Early Espresso ink. The splatter came from the stamp set "Gorgeous Grunge."    The next step was to stamp/die cut the butterfly using Bermuda Bay ink and the new Butterflies Thinlits Dies.  I sponged the edge of the butterfly with Crumb Cake ink.  The butterfly was added to the card front using dimensionals, then I added a few rhinestones for some bling.
 
Who wouldn't love receiving a beautiful greeting like this in the mail?   I can see this layout being used for sympathy and get well cards also.
 
I repeated some of the pattern for the interior of the card and the outside of the envelope.
 
I stamped the small butterfly image also in the stamp set, and added a small rhinestone.
 
Hope you have a creative day.

No comments:

Post a Comment