Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year!

Hello Stampers!
Hope you all had a safe and wonderful New Year's Eve celebration!  Hard to believe 2015 is upon us. Time sure flies.

I found the inspiration for today's post from a YouTube poster "babytweetums."    She is going to be doing a series of Mickey and Minnie cards for each month in 2015.  She had started with New Year's for January, but I jumped ahead and made mine for Valentine's Day.

My measurements for the Mickey/Minnie heads are slightly larger than what she used, but they still fit the space on the card front.
 
This style is called a "joy fold card."  I have no clue how it was named that, but I like the way the flaps overlap one another.
 
The DSP I used is retired from Stampin'Up! and is called "More Amore."  I used 4 different prints in this card.  You wouldn't necessarily have to use 4 prints, but I followed what the original poster did.
 
The heads were formed using one circle punch measuring 1-1/4", and two circles punched with a 3/4" circle punch.  I glued them together, then added faux stitching with a white gel pen. Set aside.
 
The card base from black cardstock measures 8-1/2" x 4-1/4", scored at 3".
 
The front flap measures 8-1/2" x 3-1/4", scored at 4-1/4".
 
I began by adding the largest piece of DSP (5-3/8" x 4-1/8") to the inside of the card base. Then I cut two more pieces of DSP measuring 2-7/8" x 4-1/8".  These were adhered to the front and inside flap of the card base.  Set aside.
 
I then cut the DSP for the front flap section.  These measured 4-1/8" x 3-1/8".  These were adhered to the front and inside right flap of the front section.  I added a piece of Very Vanilla (also 4-1/8" x 3-1/8")  to the inside left section of the front flap.  This I basically left blank to write a message, but I added a few hearts stamped from the set called "Pictogram Punches."   The front flap was then adhered to the card front, being careful to center it with an even border all around.
 
The closure was formed with the Word Window punch and Modern Label Punch.  The sentiment comes from the "Teeny Tiny Wishes" stamp set.  That set is definitely a "must have" in my opinion since it covers pretty much any occasion you can think of.  The sentiment was stamped in black ink on a scrap of Very Vanilla.  I added a couple rhinestones for a touch of bling.  I only put small pieces of dimensionals along the left and bottom edge of the Modern Label Punch to allow the corner of the flap to tuck in behind it for closure.
 
The last step was to add the Mickey and Minnie heads.....and a small bow for Minnie's head.
 
This is a pretty easy card to whip up, and would be appreciated by any Disney enthusiast. Who doesn't love Mickey and Minnie?????
 
See you real soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment