Friday, January 16, 2015

Super simple butterfly card

Hello stampers!
Today's card is super simple, but packs a big "wow" factor!

I started with a piece of Whisper White cardstock measuring 4" x 5-1/4".  Using my Big Shot and magnetic platform, I cut out the medium sized butterfly die from the "Butterflies Thinlit Dies" in the mini  catalog.  It greatly helps if you layer your Big Shot sandwich by using the magnetic platform, cutting plate, new dryer sheet, cardstock, wax paper, die, and top cutting plate. By using the dryer sheet and wax paper, it really helps getting all those intricate little pieces to come out of the die.

To add some color, I cut a piece of DSP measuring 3-1/2" square to glue behind the opening. The DSP I used is a free Sale-a-bration choice called "Best Year Ever."   I stamped the sentiment from a free Sale-a-bration set called "Best Year Ever" in Calypso Coral ink.  This layer was then added to my card base (4-1/4" x 11" scored at 5-1/2") using dimensionals.   I added glue dots to the body of the butterfly and adhered to the card front.  As a finishing touch, I added a matching button (another free SAB choice) threaded with white baker's twine. I couldn't decide which sized button to use, but I ended up liking both of them.   The butterly just appears to float since it's only attached in the center.  I love monochromatic cards! 

Yesterday I was able to stamp all day, and it was wonderful!  I love days like that, don't you?

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment