Saturday, February 7, 2015

Crazy About You

Good afternoon stampers!
Today's card uses products from the mini occasions catalog and SAB brochure.  I love the "Irresistibly Yours" Speciality DSP that is a free SAB choice with a $50 purchase!  This was my first attempt at using it, and I am very pleased how it turned out.

I began by cutting a strip with the leaf pattern, measuring 2" x 5-1/2".  I sponged the strip with Old Olive ink all over the paper, then wiped it off with a tissue.  Such a pretty effect, and so easy to achieve!  Then I glued this strip to a piece of Early Espresso cardstock which measured 2-1/8" x 5-1/2".  This was then glued to the front of my Whisper White card base. (normal A2 size card)

On a scrap of Whisper White cardstock, I stamped the flower image from a new stamp set called "Crazy About You."  It's such a fun set, and comes with a bunch of sayings.  And you can also bundle it with "Hello You" thinlits dies and save 15%.   Using Rich Razzleberry ink I stamped it twice.  One to punch out with the new punch called "Flower Medallion" punch.  The second one I just "fussy-cut" out the center layer with my paper snips.  Set aside.  I stamped the leaf image twice using Old Olive ink, and fussy-cut them out.  Sure wish we had a die for that!    ha ha!  But it really didn't take too long. 

The sentiment was stamped in Early Espresso ink on a strip of Whisper White cardstock measuring 1/2" x 3-1/2".  I attached the sentiment to the card front using dimensionals.  Then I strategically placed the leaf over the left end of the sentiment strip and glued the stems to the card front with Tombow glue. I adhered the layers of the flower together using dimensionals, and added to the card front with dimensionals.  The large pearl gives just a touch of bling to the center of the flower.  A rhinestone would work well here also.

I can see using this easy layout for a lot of different occasions.  You could also use of scraps of DSP you've been hoarding and just coordinate your flower color to whatever colors are in your DSP.  I also think rounding the outside edges of the card base would be a nice touch.  Maybe next time! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment