Sunday, March 1, 2015

Another Butterfly Basic card

Hey stampers!
Got snow???  I feel like we're living in that movie "Groundhog Day." Every day is the same!!

Anyway...on to today's card.  Very simple and super fast to make.  I found several versions of this on Pinterest, and loved the color combination.
 
The base is a normal A2 size card measuring 4-1/4" x 11" in Crumb Cake cardstock.  Then I cut a layer of Blackberry Bliss measuring 4-1/8" x 5-3/8".  A great tip to conserve paper is to cut your butterfly out of the center of this layer before adhering it to the card base.  It's completely covered, so no one will know.  The top layer of Crumb Cake measures 4" x 5-1/4".  I stamped it with the "Hardwood" background stamp using Crumb Cake ink.  The ferns were stamped using Mossy Meadow ink.  I used second and third generation stamping without re-inking.    The postage stamp mark, stripe, and sentiment were all stamped using Blackberry Bliss ink.   I sponged the edges of this layer with Crumb Cake ink, and glued it to the Blackberry Bliss layer.  I glued the butterly to the front of the card, and added a silver button threaded with linen thread.  How easy is that?
 
I hope you find some time to be creative today!
Stay warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment