Monday, March 23, 2015

Doodling on stamped images

Good morning stampers!
I have seen several samples on Pinterest of taking plain stamped images and enhancing them with simple doodles.  After watching a few videos on YouTube, this was my first attempt.
 
I thought doodling would be a perfect companion to the sentiments in the "Banner Blessings" photopolymer stamp set.  The sentiment was stamped in black ink on a banner cut out of white cardstock using the "Chalk Talk" framelits.
 
The flower outline (Petal Potpourri)   was stamped on white cardstock twice using Melon Mambo and Old Olive ink.  I punched out the flower using the coordinating punch, and drew a simple outline using a micron pen.  Then I added the cross hatches and dots in the center of the flower.  I trimmed out the Old Olive flower by hand, making sure I got one small and one large petal to use as leaves.  To form the leaves, I used an inside and outside outline and some markings in the center.  Very simple but I think it adds a lot to the card.  I popped the flower and banner with the sentiment using dimensionals.  The DSP measures 3 x 4, and the outline box in black cardstock measures 3-1/4 x 4-1/4.  The white cardstock layer underneath measures 4 x 5-1/4, adhered to a regular A2 card base.
 
Super simple!

No comments:

Post a Comment