Saturday, March 21, 2015

"Fabulous Four"

Hello stampers!
Today's card features the stamp set called "Fabulous Four" which is found in the main catalog.  I found this layout on Pinterest, and stepped it up a bit by stamping the dots with Versamark ink and clear embossing powder.  The stamp set for the dots is called "Dotty Angles" which is also in the main catalog.

I used scraps to cut out the little flags with the banner punch.  The white layer measures 2-1/2" x
3-1/4".  The sentiment was stamped using Memento black ink.  I added a strip of black baker's twine and secured the ends on the back of the white layer.  The banner flags were added over top using little pieces of dimensionals.  The small bow of baker's twine was secured with a glue dot.  The tiny heart was punched with the Owl Builder punch with a scrap of Cherry Cobbler cardstock.  I just love using scraps on my desk to make a card!  The white layer was added to the card front using dimensionals.

Inside I added another layer of gray cardstock (4 x 5-1/4") and the white cardstock liner measures
3-3/4" x 5.  I purposely left the inside blank in order to have room to write a personal message.  Before adhering the white liner, I added a piece of black baker's twine in the upper left hand corner, and added a few small banners over top with dimensionals.  Another bow was added with a glue dot.
If you needed to mass produce a lot of these, it would be faster to omit the heat embossing on the dotted border. If you don't have Versamark, then just stamp the dots with the ink that matches your cardstock.  I just think it makes a super sweet card that anyone would appreciate receiving. 

No comments:

Post a Comment