Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Cool new technique!

Hello stampers!
I watched a video on this technique which was posted by SU demonstrator Linda Bauwin.  She showed how to cut out one of the butterfly dies using "fun foam" and then shrinking it with your heat gun.  How cool is that??  And fun foam is really cheap, so that makes it even better!

Here's my first attempt.  I cut the butterfly out layered with a dryer sheet, 2 mm fun foam, wax paper, and then the die....sandwiched between the cutting plates and on top of the magnetic platform.  I think I may have slightly overheated the one side as I got a tiny break in the wing.  But it is a rather intricate die, so use caution with the heat gun.  I love the way it curled slightly as it makes it look like it's in flight.
I can't wait to use this on a project!
 
Have a creative day!

No comments:

Post a Comment