Saturday, April 11, 2015

"Painted Petals" card

Hello stampers...
Today's layout was found on www.brandyscards.com by Brandy Cox.  I loved the use of the paper and the layout, but I chose to deviate just a tad from Brandy's design.  This layout would be perfect for lots of other stamps and designer papers.  Check your stash to see what you have.  If not, then order this stamp set before it's gone at the end of May!

The card base is 4-1/4" x 11", scored at 5-1/2" in Whisper White.

I used the top DSP print from "Painted Blooms" designer paper pack, and the bottom piece is Hello Honey cardstock.  Both measure 4-1/4" x 2-3/4", and are adhered to the front of the card.  The center strip is a 1" x 4-1/4" piece of Whisper White cardstock.  I stamped the lined image from the stamp set using Early Espresso ink, and attached to the card front covering the seam line. 

I repeated the stamped line image inside the card also.

The focal image was stamped using Mossy Meadow and Hello Honey ink on a piece of Whisper White cardstock that measured 2-3/4" x 3-3/4".  (cut two...one for the front and one for the inside.)
The sentiment was stamped using Early Espresso ink.  I used a two way glue pen and glitter for a little bling.  These pieces were then mounted on a piece of Mossy Meadow cardstock measuring 3" x 4".   The inside piece was glued directly to the inside of the card, centering over top of the lined image.

Before attaching the front focal image with dimensionals, I added a piece of the leftover SAB ribbon I had, and secured it with a glue dot under the bow.  Then I added the focal image using dimensionals.
As a final touch of bling, I added three little rhinestones in the upper right hand corner. Pretty darned easy, but I think it looks pretty elegant.  Who wouldn't like to receive this in their mail box?  Better than getting a bill!  ha ha!!

No comments:

Post a Comment