Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Lacy Butterfly Card

Hello stampers!
I finally had time tonight to play with some of my new toys!  YAY!  I love getting new toys in the mail.  That's one benefit of being a Stampin'Up! demonstrator.  We get to pre-order some select items prior to the release of the new catalog.  It's always a fun and exciting time to see what's coming.  As usual, Stampin'Up! has come up with some items which will be on my "must have" list.

Today's card layout was created by Linda Heller at www.stampingschool.com.  I have been a member there since 2007, and I love Linda's video instructions and card recipes.  The only thing I changed on the card from Linda's version was the DSP.  She had used a new print from the upcoming Neutral paper stack.  I didn't have that stack yet, so I substituted one of our retired prints.  Same effect, just a slight difference.

The card base measures 4-1/4" x 11" scored at 5-1/2".  The cardstock is a new In-Color called "Mint Macaron."    All of the new In-Colors are yummy in my opinion!  The DSP layer is 3" x 4", and Basic Gray layer measures 4-1/4" x 3-1/4". The layers are glued together, then I added a piece of the new
In-Color lace ribbon in Mint Macaron.  This layer was then glued directly to the card front.

I stamped the butterfly from "Butterfly Basics" stamp set (on Whisper White cardstock), and used Mint Macaron ink.  The butterfly was cut out with the matching framelit.  I cut a scrap of Basic Gray cardstock with the 2-3/8" scalloped circle punch, and a 2" circle of Whisper White cardstock.  These were glued together and adhered to the card front using dimensionals.  I straddled the ribbon by placing the dimensionals at the top and bottom of the scallop.  The butterfly was added with dimensionals, and added some extra bling with rhinestones. 

I will definitely be making several of these for my stash, and will just add an appropriate greeting to the inside to suit the occasion.    Since the DSP is cut at 3" x 4", you can get a ton of cards from one 12 x 12 sheet of DSP.   So pretty, and so easy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment