Friday, May 1, 2015

sweet birthday card

Hello stampers!
I made this birthday card for one of my sisters.  I began by using the stamp set "Gifts of Kindness" which is unfortunately on the retiring list.  :(    But I love the beautiful sentiment inside that says, "What a beautiful thing; the gift of you."  It is just so appropriate since she is such a blessing in my life. Even though we are many miles apart, I always know she's there for me when I need her!

I colored in the stem and leaves with my Old Olive marker, then stamped it on a piece of Whisper White cardstock that measured 3" x 4".  By using my marker, I was able to "omit" the flowers that were part of the original stamp.  Then on a scrap of Whisper White, I stamped the large flower from a set called "Flower Shop" and the small flowers were from a set called "Petite Petals."  These were stamped using Rich Razzleberry ink, then punched with the coordinating punches.  I love having punches to match my stamps, don't you??  It's make life so much easier.

This layer was then glued to a layer of Old Olive cardstock measuring 3-1/4" x 4-1/4".  The DSP is in a  Rich Razzleberry print which is already retired....but since I hoard paper I still have it.  ha ha!  The DSP measures 4" x 5-1/4" and was glued directly to the card base of Old Olive. (5-1/2" x 8-1/2" scored at 4-1/4")  Then I attached the leaves image to the card front, and added the flowers.  Some were glued flat to the white layer, and some were popped with Stampin' Dimensionals.  The centers are our sticky backed pearls.

The sentiment was stamped on a 1/2" strip of Whisper White cardstock in Rich Razzleberry ink, and adhered to a 3/4" strip of Old Olive cardstock.  I notched the ends, and popped it up with dimensionals. 
 
I'm hoping she'll love it, and it'll brighten her day.
 
Happy stamping!  Enjoy the beautiful weather this weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment