Friday, August 7, 2015

Get Well Soup

Hello stampers!
Today's card features the "Get Well Soup" stamp in the main catalog.  It's a single stamp, and only comes in wood.  I knew as soon as I saw the stamp that it would be perfect for paper piecing....which is one of my favorite techniques to use in stamping.  Yay!

I stamped the image on the Whisper White layer, then stamped the bowl again on a small scrap of DSP.  Trim out the bowl.  I then added a 1" strip of Crumb Cake cardstock that was stamped with the "Hardwood" background stamp and Soft Suede ink.  This strip gets glued over top of the white bowl, then add the bowl cut out of DSP over top.  This effect grounds the bowl, making it look like it's sitting on a table.  I colored the soup with Hello Honey ink and a blender pen.  This layer was then added to a layer of black cardstock before attaching to the card front.

The heart was cut out of Real Red cardstock and cut out with a heart punch.  I added glitter for a little dazzle.

Hope you like it!  It's sure to give the receipient a little pick-me-up!
Have a super weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment