Sunday, August 23, 2015

"No Bones About It"

Good morning stampers!
I never imagined purchasing the dinosaur set called "No Bones About It" as I only envisioned using it for cards for a young boy.  However, I sure changed my mind when I found it being used as a funny card for an older adult's birthday.  I just added the birthday hat to add an additional touch of whimsy to the card.  It makes me laugh every time I look at it!
 
The dinosaur bones image was stamped on a piece of Whisper White cardstock measuring 2" x 3" using Memento Black ink.  This layer was then added to a piece of Basic Black cardstock measuring 2-1/4" x 3-1/4".  The party hat was stamped on a scrap of Whisper White using Cherry Cobbler ink, fussy cut with paper snips, and added to the layer with small pieces of Stampin' Dimensionals.  I added a small rhinestone to the center for a touch of bling. 
 
The Basic Black layer measures 3-3/4" x 5", and the DSP layer measures 3-1/2" x 4-3/4". These layers were adhered directly to the front of the card base (Whisper White, 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" scored at 4-1/4" )   The dinosaur layer was popped up with dimensionals and centered on the front of the card. 
 
The sentiment is from a stamp set called "Age Awareness" and was stamped on a 1/2" strip of Whisper White cardstock.  I snipped the end to make a banner flag, and popped it up on the card front using dimensionals.  The finishing touch was a black dot added with a touch of Tombow glue. 
 
Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment