Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Silent Night

Good morning stampers!
I finally had a chance to play with some of my new toys from my pre-order of the upcoming SU Holiday mini catalog.  This catalog is a good one for sure, and I really had a hard time narrowing down my "wish list." 

Today's card was super simple and easily mass-produced.  I began by cutting all my layers of watercolor paper and washed them with water, an aqua painter, and Night of Navy ink.  This layer neeeded time to dry properly, so I prepared the rest of the layers during the drying time.

Card Base  Whisper White  4-1/4" x 11", scored at 5-1/2"
Night of Navy layer measures 4" x 5-1/4"
Whisper White strip measures about 3" x 3-3/4", cut with the new "Sleigh Ride" Edgelits Die then
                                                                               trimmed down
Stamp set "Jingle All The Way" which is sold as a bundle with the edgelit dies and I used Night of Navy ink for the sentiment.

After the watercolor layer was dry, I ran it through the Big Shot and the new "Softly Falling" embossing folder.  I sponged the edges of this layer with Night of Navy ink.  This layer was then glued to the Night of Navy layer, then to the card base using Tombow glue.  The die cut layer was then added using Tombow.  For a finishing touch, I added some dots of glue randomly over top of some of the raised circles from the embossing folder, and added Dazzling Diamond glitter.  So soft and pretty!
 
The picture really doesn't do it justice!
 
Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment