Thursday, September 10, 2015

"Reason for the Season"

Hello stampers....
Thinking about Christmas cards already?  It's never too early to start as far as I'm concerned. 

I made this sample for a workshop I'm doing this week.  The hostess loves the color purple, so I chose Rich Razzleberry as my purple of choice. 

The stamp set is called "Reason for the Season" and is found in the current mini catalog.  I began by preparing the card base using my embossing buddy, and stamped the poinsettia image randomly on the card front using Versamark ink.  I sprinkled it with clear embossing powder, then heat set it with my heat gun.  The card base is a normal A2 sized card, 4-1/4" x 11" and scored at 5-1/2".

The strip of white cardstock measures 2" x 4-1/4".  I stamped the poinsettia in Stazon black ink, and colored the petals and leaves with Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive and Crushed Curry markers.  I added glitter pen (non-SU) and Dazzling Details in gold to the center.    The sentiment was stamped with Stazon.  This layer was glued to two 1/2" strips of gold glitter paper, then attached to the card front with Stampin'Dimensionals. 

The card really sparkles so much more in person!
 
Happy stamping!

Sunday, September 6, 2015

Penguin fun!

Hello stampers.....
Today's card is a super cute penguin, trying to get in on the reindeer games!  I had found this layout on Pinterest, but then added my own spin on it by adding snowflakes and googly eyes.  The original poster had used a red pom pom for the nose, but I chose to cut out a small circle of red glitter paper using the Owl Builder punch.  That punch sure comes in handy for things other than just owls!  The original poster had the ribbon going across the card front underneath the circle, and she'd left the top layer totally white without the snowflakes.
 
Supplies used: 
PAPER:  Whisper White cardstock 4-1/4" x 11" and 3-3/4" x 5"
scrap of red glitter paper
 
INKS:  Real Red, Soft Suede, and Memento Black inks
 
STAMP SETS:  "Snow Place" and matching framelits
"Wonderland"  (both from mini catalog)
 
MISCELLANEOUS:  #6 from set of circle framelits
1/8" striped ribbon (mini catalog)
googly eyes
Stampin' Dimensionals and glue dots
 
I began by stamping the sentiment on the card front layer using black ink.  Then I stamped the snowflakes using Real Red ink.  Using the Big Shot, I cut the circle out.  Set aside.
After I stamped out the penguin and cut out with the matching framelit, I positioned it with his arms poking out of the circle, and lightly penciled in where the top of his head would be.  That allowed me to position the antlers in the correct spot  and stamp the image using Soft Suede ink.  I attached the head of the penguin to the antlers using a foam dimensional and glued the penguins feet to the backside of the card front.  This entire layer was attached with foam dimensionals to the card front.    The small bow was added to the card front using glue dots.  I attached the nose with a foam dimensional and the googly with glue dots
 
Super cute!  Hope you enjoy today's card!