Sunday, September 6, 2015

Penguin fun!

Hello stampers.....
Today's card is a super cute penguin, trying to get in on the reindeer games!  I had found this layout on Pinterest, but then added my own spin on it by adding snowflakes and googly eyes.  The original poster had used a red pom pom for the nose, but I chose to cut out a small circle of red glitter paper using the Owl Builder punch.  That punch sure comes in handy for things other than just owls!  The original poster had the ribbon going across the card front underneath the circle, and she'd left the top layer totally white without the snowflakes.
 
Supplies used: 
PAPER:  Whisper White cardstock 4-1/4" x 11" and 3-3/4" x 5"
scrap of red glitter paper
 
INKS:  Real Red, Soft Suede, and Memento Black inks
 
STAMP SETS:  "Snow Place" and matching framelits
"Wonderland"  (both from mini catalog)
 
MISCELLANEOUS:  #6 from set of circle framelits
1/8" striped ribbon (mini catalog)
googly eyes
Stampin' Dimensionals and glue dots
 
I began by stamping the sentiment on the card front layer using black ink.  Then I stamped the snowflakes using Real Red ink.  Using the Big Shot, I cut the circle out.  Set aside.
After I stamped out the penguin and cut out with the matching framelit, I positioned it with his arms poking out of the circle, and lightly penciled in where the top of his head would be.  That allowed me to position the antlers in the correct spot  and stamp the image using Soft Suede ink.  I attached the head of the penguin to the antlers using a foam dimensional and glued the penguins feet to the backside of the card front.  This entire layer was attached with foam dimensionals to the card front.    The small bow was added to the card front using glue dots.  I attached the nose with a foam dimensional and the googly with glue dots
 
Super cute!  Hope you enjoy today's card!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment